Spicy Grilled Broccoli
My kids eat this spiced broccoli without cheese; it’s that good. It transports easily to the beach, park or tailgate party and also works on an indoor grill. —Kathy Lewis-Martinez, Spring Valley, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Grill: 10 min.
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each broccoli bunch into 6 pieces. In a 6-qt. stockpot, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place broccoli in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk marinade ingredients until blended. Add broccoli; gently toss to coat. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- Drain broccoli, reserving marinade. Grill broccoli, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until broccoli is tender, turning once. If desired, serve with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 122 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Broccoli in Grill It 2016 Bookazine