My kids eat this spiced broccoli without cheese; it’s that good. It transports easily to the beach, park or tailgate party and also works on an indoor grill. —Kathy Lewis-Martinez, Spring Valley, California
Featured In: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each bunch broccoli into six pieces. In a 6-qt. stockpot, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place broccoli in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk marinade ingredients until blended. Add broccoli; gently toss to coat. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- Drain broccoli, reserving marinade. Grill broccoli, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until broccoli is tender, turning once. If desired, serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Grilled Broccoli in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p90