Spicy-Good Chicken Wings
We enjoy eating these chicken wings while watching football on TV, but make them for any special occasion for a crowd favorite! The pepper sauce gives just the right amount of heat.—Della Clutts, New Tazewell, Tennessee
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 bottle (2 ounces) hot pepper sauce
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- 1. In a large shallow dish, mix the first six ingredients. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; turn chicken to coat.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wingettes, a few at a time, until browned, 4-5 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. In a 13x9-in. baking dish, mix melted butter and pepper sauce. Add wings and turn to coat. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Turn; bake until chicken juices run clear, 10-15 minutes longer. Serve with dressing.
1 appetizer (calculated without salad dressing): 225 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC