We enjoy eating these chicken wings while watching football on TV, but make them for any occasion for a crowd favorite! The hot pepper sauce gives just the right amount of spice.—Della Clutts, New Tazewell, Tennessee
Recommended: Game-Changing Chicken Wing Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 bottle (2 ounces) hot pepper sauce
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the first six ingredients. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; close bag and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wingettes, a few at a time, 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish, mix melted butter and pepper sauce. Add wings and turn to coat. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Turn; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with dressing. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy-Good Chicken Wings in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014