Spicy Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium apples, halved and sliced
- 2 medium pears, halved and sliced
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce or 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears, mangoes and strawberries. In a small bowl, whisk the juices, cilantro, vinegar, lime zest and hot chili sauce. Drizzle over fruit mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 81 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 20, 2013
very nice balance of flavors. just a hint of spicy and very different from any other recipe. I got a ton of compliments on this when I brought it to work to share with friends.
Nov 20, 2012
I made this for a summer block party and received tons of compliments on it. It was refreshing and a little spicy at the same time. Definitely a keeper!