Spicy French Dip Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 crusty rolls (5 inches)
- 1. Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, jalapenos and dressing mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove beef and shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve beef on rolls with juice. Yield: 12 servings.
3 tablespoons: 357 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Spicy French Dip
"Cut roast in half? Which direction? vertical or horizontal? Makes a difference.Very irritating lack of specific information."
"easy and excellent! I did use pepperoncini instead of jalapeno's ."
"I would absolutely make this again. My family loved it."
"This was far too hot for me but Tim loved it.Next time I'll cut the pepper amount down."
"A bit expensive but very delicious. Used the leftovers to make melts on sourdough, equally delicious."
"These were so delicious. The meat was moist with just enough spice. The au jus was flavorful but not salty light many recipes I've tried. I'll definitely be making this again!"
"My family and I seriously enjoyed this. It's such an cinch to make. I also alternate the jalapenos with peperoncinis. So YUMMY!"
"My husband raved about this one! He was still talking about it the next day! Very good and SO easy!"
"A family favourite!"