The cool and creamy sour cream is a wonderful accompaniment to the slightly spicy steak. If you prefer, you can grill the steak over medium-hot heat rather than broiling.
Recommended: 30 Skinny Dinners in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and celery salt; cover and refrigerate until serving. Combine the chili sauce, lime juice, pepper flakes and salt; brush on each side of steak.
- Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut across the thin strips. Serve with the sour cream sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Flank Steak in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001
Reviews forSpicy Flank Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review