- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 pound frozen cod, thawed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Fresh lime wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth, water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the salsa and corn; return to a boil. Add fish. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews forSpicy Fish Soup
"Very easy to do and an excellent meal. Even my husband, who doesn't care for fish, enjoyed it."