Spicy Filet Mignon
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1. Combine the seasonings; rub over steaks. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 9-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Sep 22, 2015
I love it
Oct 9, 2014
Great recipe! I've already mixed up more of this rub to keep on hand for other steaks. Yummm!
May 12, 2009
Has a nice kick, but not over the top burn your mouth. I have used top sirloin as well as venison steaks, both with great results. Also serve this steak with the Asparagus Mornay and use the sauce for both asparagus and steak.....yummy!