Spicy Filet Mignon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- Combine the seasonings; rub over steaks. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 9-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Sep 22, 2015
I love it
Oct 9, 2014
Great recipe! I've already mixed up more of this rub to keep on hand for other steaks. Yummm!
May 12, 2009
Has a nice kick, but not over the top burn your mouth. I have used top sirloin as well as venison steaks, both with great results. Also serve this steak with the Asparagus Mornay and use the sauce for both asparagus and steak.....yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.