Spicy Edamame Recipe
Edamame (pronounced ay-duh-MAH-may) are young soybeans in their pods. In our Test Kitchen, we boiled and seasoned them with salt, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen edamame pods
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Place edamame in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the seasonings; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 52 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Edamame
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2013
"Way too much ginger. Maybe the amount is a misprint?"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC