Spicy Edamame Recipe
Edamame (pronounced ay-duh-MAH-may) are young soybeans in their pods. In our Test Kitchen, we boiled and seasoned them with salt, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen edamame pods
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Place edamame in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the seasonings; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 52 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Edamame
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2013
"Way too much ginger. Maybe the amount is a misprint?"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC