Edamame (pronounced ay-duh-MAH-may) are young soybeans in their pods. In our Test Kitchen, we boiled and seasoned them with salt, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 50 Cheesecake Factory Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen edamame pods
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place edamame in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the seasonings; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Edamame in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p201
Reviews forSpicy Edamame
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2013
"Way too much ginger. Maybe the amount is a misprint?"