Spicy Curried Nuts
Whenever we are expecting guests, I whip up a batch of these nuts to snack on before dinner. There are never any left overs!—Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 pound walnut halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add pecans and walnuts; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 275° for 50 minutes or until nuts are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 183 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spicery Nuts in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.