Spicy Cranberry Warmer
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole allspice
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- Place first three ingredients in a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth and tie with a kitchen string. Place with cider in a large saucepan. (Or, if desired, place loose spices in saucepan and strain before serving.)
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cranberry juice and heat to simmering temperature. Serve hot in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 122 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Apr 5, 2015
This is great for those crisp fall days. Thank you for sharing.
Dec 29, 2014
Jan 9, 2011
Substituted ground cinnamon and nutmeg for the cinnamon sticks and allspice, and then put those into a coffee filter inside of a tea strainer. It actually worked, too! Very good, my picky little brother even liked it. A bit sweet though, might use less brown suger next time.