Looking for a delicious way to get extra vitamin C and fiber in your diet? Give this versatile sauce a try. It's great as a condiment or side dish to turkey, pork, fish or chicken. It also makes a terrific dessert or snack mixed with a serving of vanilla ice cream, yogurt or as a topping on your favorite cheesecake. —Kye Feasel, Canal Winchester, Ohio
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop and apples are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; mash if desired.
- Transfer to a large bowl; chill until serving. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Spicy Cran-Apple Sauce in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p40
Reviews for Spicy Cran-Apple Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review