- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop and apples are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; mash if desired.
- Transfer to a large bowl; chill until serving. Yield: about 5 cups.
Reviews for Spicy Cran-Apple Sauce
"excellent recipe. My family says to please always use this recipe for cranberry sauce in future. I did not have a can of pineapple so I substituted fresh peeled and chopped clementines and some water to make up for the pineapple juice. The spices were just right. I put some in a pretty glass jar for a hostess gift as we were going out to a family dinner the day I made it. It was great with our chicken dinner. I added some to my greek yogurt for breakfast. It goes with lots of things."