Spicy Cran-Apple Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makesabout 5 cups
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop and apples are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; mash if desired.
- Transfer to a large bowl; chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 53 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2013
Made for Thanksgiving last year, used the leftovers on turkey sandwiches and reheated and put over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Have already been asked to make again for this upcoming Thanksgiving and I'm excited about having leftovers! I really enjoy the extra flavor and spice this sauce has.
Nov 28, 2012
excellent recipe. My family says to please always use this recipe for cranberry sauce in future. I did not have a can of pineapple so I substituted fresh peeled and chopped clementines and some water to make up for the pineapple juice. The spices were just right. I put some in a pretty glass jar for a hostess gift as we were going out to a family dinner the day I made it. It was great with our chicken dinner. I added some to my greek yogurt for breakfast. It goes with lots of things.