Spicy Corn and Black Bean Relish
This relish can be served as a salad or garnish with a Southwestern meal—it's especially good with chicken.--Gail Segreto, Elizabeth, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, cooked
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped seeded anaheim chili peppers
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine corn, beans and peppers. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Chill.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 128 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Spicy Corn and Black Bean Relish in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook