Spicy Coconut Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes4 servings (2/3 cup sauce)
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, curry paste and cornstarch until smooth. In another shallow bowl, combine the coconut, flour and chili powder. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with coconut mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry chicken, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until heated through, stirring once. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts3 chicken strips with 2 tablespoons sauce: 638 calories, 42g fat (15g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 9, 2016
This recipe was absolutely delicious! I substituted the chili powder with curry powder, as I don't care for chili powder. It's just the right amount of sweet with a subtle taste of coconut.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.