Spicy Citrus Salad
Cooking is a favorite hobby of mine. Everyone jokes about my numerous cookbooks and five recipe boxes! I'm always on the lookout for something new and flavorful, so when I received this salad recipe from my nephew's wife, I just had to try it. The unique blend of flavors was a hit!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 large seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 18 pitted ripe olives, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients. Stir in the oranges, parley and olives. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, place greens in a salad bowl. Spoon dressing over top and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 112 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Spicy Citrus Salad in Country Extra November 1991