Spicy Chocolate Orange Snack Mix
This munchable treat gets an extra zing from orange zest and a pop from cayenne pepper. Set out a bowl to snack on through the day or during a holiday movie night! —Erica Wilson, Beverly, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place cereal in a large bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, orange juice, cayenne and orange zest. Microwave, covered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Cook 15-30 seconds longer or until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal.
- Microwave in batches on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Stir in chips. Store in an airtight container.