Spicy Chocolate Bark
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread onto a waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Break bark into small pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Dec 21, 2011
i also added coconut and doubled the cayenne pepper, it was great!
Dec 17, 2011
<p>I had no cashew or pecans, but I had almonds. I put them in a plastic bag and I coarse crushed them with a rolling pin. I had no cayenne pepper, but I had chilli pepper and red pepper flakes. I melted dark chocolate and added my spices to the crushed almonds that I toasted in an iron skillet. I blended the nuts with the melted chocolate, spread it out on wax lined freezer paper to let it cool. I cracked coarse sea salt on top and let it set up.</p><p>I broke it into misshapen pieces....and it was wonderful. It's a big hit and I will certainly make this recipe again!</p>
Dec 1, 2011
Very tasty. I used a combination of semi-sweet and milk chocolate morsels instead of the candy coating. I had no cashews but pleanty of pecans so used them. Quite spicy and sweet. Thanks!
Apr 27, 2011
what is milk chocolate candy????
Dec 4, 2009
I make this every year and everyone raves about it. They all want the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.