Spicy Chipotle Snack Mix
My family craves anything flavored with chipotle--and this spicy snack fills the bill. It's great for last-minute get-togethers because it takes only 15 minutes to prepare.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 2-3/4 quarts
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and peanuts. In a small bowl, combine the butter and spices; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 203 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Chipotle Chex Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.