Spicy Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makesabout 24 dozen
- 32 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2 cups hot pepper sauce
- 8 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canola oil
- Place the wings in greased large baking pans. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and water until smooth. Stir in the pepper sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in oil.
- Drain wings; transfer to large roasting pans. Top with sauce and stir to coat. Bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly glazed and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 wing: 133 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2013
Has this been updated for the baking time.
Sep 26, 2011
It says it makes about 24 dozen. However if you think about it that is 288 wings. Now I don't know about you, but I don't consider one wing a serving! So you might plan accordingly.
Jul 20, 2011
The recipe says to bake 40-50 minutes , make sauce , put sauce on wings and bake another 45-55 minutes whic would be a total of 85-105 minutes baking time but the baking time at the top of the recipe is 45 minutes. Is the second baking time with the sauce wrong????
Jan 19, 2011
You could use low sodium soy sauce to decrease the sodium a little.
Jan 25, 2010
Seems like that much soy sauce would make this a very high sodium recipe.
Jan 25, 2010
What about nutritional info on this?
Jan 25, 2010
Try this downsized version:4lb chicken wings1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch1 cup soy sauce1/4 cup water1 tablespoon to 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce1 teaspoon ginger1 garlic clove1/4 cup oil
Jan 20, 2010
She said she made it for 100 students so yes it is 32 lbs...Very easy to break down to 4 lbs.Haven't made them yet but they sound good & I'm making them for superbowl Sunday..I'll let you know...
Jan 7, 2010
I haven't made this yet, but maybe it means 32 wings/drums, so that's only 8ish for a family of 4.. i however, plan to make the sauce and throw out what i don't use for the amount of wings i decide on...
May 27, 2009
Harder to break down than it appears to be for a small quanity.Betty