Spicy Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
These fall-off-the-bone-tender wings have just the right amount of heat. The cool blue cheese dressing creates the perfect flavor combination for dipping. —Kevalyn Henderson, Hayward, Wisconsin
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- BLUE CHEESE DIP:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, salt, orange zest, garlic and pepper. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Transfer chicken to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cayenne, pepper sauce and reserved marinade. Drizzle over chicken.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, turning once. In a small bowl, whisk the dip ingredients. Serve with wings.
1 each: 237 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC