- 32 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2 cups hot pepper sauce
- 8 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canola oil
- Place the wings in greased large baking pans. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and water until smooth. Stir in the pepper sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in oil.
- Drain wings; transfer to large roasting pans. Top with sauce and stir to coat. Bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly glazed and heated through. Yield: about 24 dozen.
Reviews forSpicy Chicken Wings
"Has this been updated for the baking time."
"It says it makes about 24 dozen. However if you think about it that is 288 wings. Now I don't know about you, but I don't consider one wing a serving! So you might plan accordingly."
"You could use low sodium soy sauce to decrease the sodium a little."
"Seems like that much soy sauce would make this a very high sodium recipe."
"What about nutritional info on this?"
"Try this downsized version:4lb chicken wings1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch1 cup soy sauce1/4 cup water1 tablespoon to 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce1 teaspoon ginger1 garlic clove1/4 cup oil"
"She said she made it for 100 students so yes it is 32 lbs...Very easy to break down to 4 lbs.Haven't made them yet but they sound good & I'm making them for superbowl Sunday..I'll let you know..."
"I haven't made this yet, but maybe it means 32 wings/drums, so that's only 8ish for a family of 4.. i however, plan to make the sauce and throw out what i don't use for the amount of wings i decide on..."
"Harder to break down than it appears to be for a small quanity.Betty"