Spicy Chicken Tenders
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground turmeric, ginger and cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- In a small bowl, combine water and seasonings; brush over both sides of chicken tenders. Place in a bowl and toss to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jan 22, 2013
Excellent recipe, my husband absolutely LOVED it and it's become a "regular" on our menu. It is so easy to prepare, too! I've actually been cooking it in a pan on the stovetop and that has worked out well, I keep it covered so that I don't lose the juiciness of the chicken. I also marinate in a glass or stainless bowl for 30+ minutes and I like the amount of spice it retains. I've been serving it with a garlic brown rice and quinoa mix as well as ~12oz of edamame (soybeans) that I saute with a tablespoon of butter, some minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and a drizzle of sriracha sauce. It ends up being a flavorful, filling, healthy meal that fills the kitchen with a delicious aroma. Easy + healthy + delicious = a keeper for me!
Dec 29, 2010
I tried these tonight for dinner...they were great! Quick to prepare, moist tenders with a great flavor. I did have to cook them a little longer than suggested, but I might not have had the pan as close to the broiler as suggested.
Oct 25, 2010
This was amazing. Will make again!!
Feb 25, 2010
its delicious and yummy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.