Spicy Chicken Spread
"I used three different recipes to come up with this simple spread that my family loves," writes Joann Hensley of McGaheysville, Virginia. "With its mild taste, it's a popular party appetizer when accompanied by assorted crackers, toast points or raw vegetables."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained
- Paprika, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Fold in chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 54 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 5, 2011
I have been making this recipe ever since I read it quick cooking magazine almost 10 yrs ago. I make it for almost every family get together and anytime I need a quick appetizer. I usually double the recipe.