Spicy Chicken Saute
Whenever our daughters come home from college, this is the dish they always request. My husband enjoys it so much I usually prepare it a couple time a month.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, julienned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside. Saute celery, carrot and green pepper in remaining oil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to pan. Combine broth, soy sauce, salt if desired, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute to thicken. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 154 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Saute in Country Chicken Cookbook