Spicy Chicken Sausage Lettuce Wraps
I love dishes that you can put together and eat with your hands. I've found that kids really like this fresh-tasting chicken wrap. —Vanessa Campbell, Ford, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups shredded yellow summer squash
- 2 medium Asian or Bosc pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, squash and pears. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, ginger, crystallized ginger and salt; drizzle over slaw mixture. Toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onion until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook 4-5 minutes longer. Stir in salad dressing; heat through.
- Spoon sausage mixture onto lettuce leaves. Top with slaw mixture; sprinkle with cilantro. Fold lettuce over filling.
Nutrition Facts2 lettuce wraps: 273 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Spicy Asian Chicken Sausage in Lettuce Wraps with Gingered Vegetable Slaw in Everyday Chicken Honda 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.