- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add chicken and chilies to cheese sauce; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Chicken Linguine
"Make this for the whole family and they loved it! Will be making it again. Thanks!!"
"I used garlic salt instead of powder, and didn't use chilies. This is amazing sauce!!!"
"A bit sticky and dull."
"We enjoyed a "healthified" version of this dish. I used margarine instead of butter, water instead of milk, Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese, 1/2 the chicken, and added a 1/4 onion (diced), 1/4 green bell pepper (diced), 2 carrots (coined), and a stalk of fresh broccoli. I sauted the onion, carrots, and broccoli stem in the butter until soft. Then I added the green bell pepper. Once all that was soft, I continued on with the recipe and added the flour, garlic, and pepper. I added the broccoli florets in with the chicken and chilies. I think next time I might only use 1/3rd teaspoon of black pepper as it nearly made both of us sneeze while eating it."