Spicy Chicken Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheeses. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add chicken and chilies to cheese sauce; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 675 calories, 34g fat (19g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Jul 21, 2013
Make this for the whole family and they loved it! Will be making it again. Thanks!!
Apr 1, 2013
I used garlic salt instead of powder, and didn't use chilies. This is amazing sauce!!!
Mar 20, 2013
This was so wonderfully easy and quick to prepare! I loved the spiciness of the green chilies (just right and not too spicy)! I will make this again and again! Thanks so much for posting!
Dec 6, 2012
A bit sticky and dull.
Dec 15, 2009
We enjoyed a "healthified" version of this dish. I used margarine instead of butter, water instead of milk, Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese, 1/2 the chicken, and added a 1/4 onion (diced), 1/4 green bell pepper (diced), 2 carrots (coined), and a stalk of fresh broccoli. I sauted the onion, carrots, and broccoli stem in the butter until soft. Then I added the green bell pepper. Once all that was soft, I continued on with the recipe and added the flour, garlic, and pepper. I added the broccoli florets in with the chicken and chilies. I think next time I might only use 1/3rd teaspoon of black pepper as it nearly made both of us sneeze while eating it.