Spicy Chicken Bundles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, jalapenos and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and onion.
- Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle; bring corners up to the center and pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine soup and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Serve with bundles. Freeze option: Freeze baked cooled bundles in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350° until heated through. Meanwhile, prepare mushroom sauce as directed.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 391 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Nov 13, 2014
These were good. Next time I'll add more jalapeno slices and skip the sauce, although my husband didn't mind the sauce. I just don't think it added anything to the flavor of the bundles.
Mar 15, 2012
I used the entire 8oz brick but used chopped green chillies instead of jalepenos as my husband doesn't like them. They were yumy!
Feb 22, 2011
I made a lighter version of the Spicy chicken bundles.Fat Free cream cheesereduced fat cresent rollsspray butterno bread crumbsStill tasted great!These were pretty easy, and really good!
Jan 18, 2011
I also used the 8 oz. cream cheese...not sure how the 3 oz. would work. I LOVE this recipe, and so does my family.
Jun 17, 2010
This is one of my husband's favorite dishes!
Mar 17, 2010
Very tasty and easy to make. I actually added a little more cream cheese than what was called for (about 4-5 oz). Still came out great. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake, but my grocer only sells 8oz pkgs of cream cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.