- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, jalapenos and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and onion.
- Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle; bring corners up to the center and pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
In a small saucepan, combine soup and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Serve with bundles.
Freeze option: Freeze baked cooled bundles in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350° until heated through. Meanwhile, prepare mushroom sauce as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Chicken Bundles
"These were good. Next time I'll add more jalapeno slices and skip the sauce, although my husband didn't mind the sauce. I just don't think it added anything to the flavor of the bundles."
"I used the entire 8oz brick but used chopped green chillies instead of jalepenos as my husband doesn't like them. They were yumy!"
"I also used the 8 oz. cream cheese...not sure how the 3 oz. would work. I LOVE this recipe, and so does my family."
"This is one of my husband's favorite dishes!"
"Very tasty and easy to make. I actually added a little more cream cheese than what was called for (about 4-5 oz). Still came out great. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake, but my grocer only sells 8oz pkgs of cream cheese."