Spicy Chicken Appetizer Pizza
This flavorful pizza from Michelle Martin of Waterville, Ohio uses marinated chicken and a surprise ingredient, almonds, to pack a tasty punch.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, 1/2 cup onions, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, pepper and cayenne. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until blended; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Place the crust on an ungreased baking sheet; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Top with almonds and remaining onions. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 143 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.