- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper* seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk; heat through. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add cayenne if desired. Top with bacon just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forSpicy Cheeseburger Soup
"YUMM!!!! Will make this again soon!!! I did add a little more water for cooking the veggies, but kept everything else the same! Delicious!"
"YUM! Super cheesy! Love it! No more to say!"
"Best. soup. Ever.My go-to comfort food..every week!"
"A classic cheeseburger taste in a soup! This creative soup is a meal in itself. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I love recipes with a creative twist. Spice level was good with my family but would caution to start small with cayenne pepper, a little goes a long way! Perfect soup for a winter night!"
"I love this, and it's so easy!"
"This soup recipe is definitely a keeper! Make it as spicy as you want with cayenne pepper, as my first try was with 1 tsp and it was a bit hot for me. Left out the bacon and it still tasted yummy."