I came up with this recipe after trying something similar at a catfish house in the mountains of northern Georgia. My husband and I both appreciate this healthful, flavor-packed dish.
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 catfish fillet (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned Mexican diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 to 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked white or brown rice, optional
- Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper and cayenne. In a nonstick skillet, cook fish over medium for about 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with green onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes.
- Cover skillet and simmer 2-3 minutes longer or until liquid is reduced and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Catfish with Tomatoes in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p219
Reviews forSpicy Catfish with Tomatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review