Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter; stir in the sugar, horseradish and parsley. Add the carrots, salt and pepper; stir gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 96 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 26, 2014
Loved this recipe!
Jan 29, 2014
We loved these! They were really simple to make and are sweet and spicy at the same time. Yum!
Sep 26, 2010
This was super easy and tasty too. I only used half a bag of baby carrots, and set the other half aside to be plain for the kids. I cut the tbsps down to 1tsp of each and just a pinch of parsley. Definitely an easy way to dress up carrots.
Nov 4, 2009
Excellent - made these for Thanksgiving last year - will have to double the receipe this year - everyone liked them.
Feb 8, 2008
My father makes this recipe a little different. He uses melted butter, brown sugar, honey, and horseradish. There were never any leftovers!Michelle Schaefer- Illinois
Feb 7, 2008
Spicy carrots seem a good fit for my family.Trying to eat healthier without sacrificing taste.Tess K -Phillips Wi
Feb 7, 2008
Spiced carrots sounds wonderful. I will try them for Dinner tonight.