Spicy Cajun Shrimp
This dish is great for a meal or as an appetizer. It's so quick and easy.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes2 servings (about 1/4 cup seasoning mix)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings. In another bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning mixture (save remaining mixture for another use). Add shrimp; toss until well coated. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooded skewers. Broil shrimp 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp; baste with remaining oil mixture. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
Editor's Note:Store remaining Cajun seasoning mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 231 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 5506mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 23, 2012
always a treat
Feb 28, 2012
This was absolutely amazing! I served mine over angel hair pasta and tomatoe sauce mixed with a couple tea spoons of left over seasoning al my picky eaters loved it!