Spicy Cajun Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes2 servings (about 1/4 cup seasoning mix)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings. In another bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning mixture (save remaining mixture for another use). Add shrimp; toss until well coated. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooded skewers. Broil shrimp 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp; baste with remaining oil mixture. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 231 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 5506mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 23, 2012
always a treat
Feb 28, 2012
This was absolutely amazing! I served mine over angel hair pasta and tomatoe sauce mixed with a couple tea spoons of left over seasoning al my picky eaters loved it!