Spicy Cabbage Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 small head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Pour into a small covered roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours without lifting the lid.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 321 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1712mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2010
This recipe looked so good with all the flavorful ingredients, but it was disappointing. We ate some out of it and threw the rest away. I didn't cook the ground beef and it looked unappetizing. Maybe it should be cooked.
Jun 8, 2009
I have prepared this recipe a few times and it gets great reviews. Mine always seems to take longer than 1-1/2 hours, but the wait is worth it.satrainque
May 4, 2009
Am I correct in assuming that you do NOT cook the ground beef first? It seems odd but if I can skip a step, I'm all for it. Can't wait to try this.