Spicy Bronzed Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder, ground cumin, chili powder and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine seasonings. Dip chicken in butter; sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 743mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
May 29, 2015
The chicken was very flavorful and juicy. I did cut the amounts of chili powder and cayenne pepper in half since my husband doesn't like spicy food. Since I don't have non stick cookware, I melt the butter in the skillet, dipped the chicken in the melted butter, sprinkled the seasonings on, and then cooked the chicken. It did leave a big mess in my pan, though, if it is too hard to clean the pan, I might not make it again.
Jan 23, 2014
Easy, juicy, perfect balance of spices recipe!!!
Sep 27, 2011
My kids and their friends love this dish and ask for it often. They like to put the juice on their potatoes.
May 12, 2011
We love this chicken! We don't find it very "spicy", just very flavorful. I often slice it up and add it to the quick tomato avocado salad (pictured) for a yummy, filling dinner salad. I keep a shaker full with the spice mix as it is very versitile.
Jun 24, 2010
Fantastic recipe! Fast, easy and delicious!
Mar 28, 2010
My family loves this recipe.
Aug 21, 2009
I made this for dinner last night and it was a HUGE hit! My family couldn't stop commenting on how tasty it was and it was so easy! I will definitely make this again!
Aug 11, 2009
This was totally awesome! Served it over rice with roasted broccoli & golden raisins--YUMMY! Thanx for sharing
Aug 7, 2008
This was so good. I didn't think it was too spicy, but very tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.