Spicy Breakfast Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the hash browns, cumin and chili powder in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until golden. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and salt; set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onions, peppers and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until almost set. Remove from the heat.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan. Spread salsa over crust. Top with egg mixture. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 320 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 16, 2018
Worth the first try!!! Love it!’ Will lead to many tries going forward!! Great recipe when it’s not Lent also!! Just imagine the same exact recipe, Now using cooked crumbled bacon and rotesseri shredded chicken with Verde sauce Instead of salsa!!