- 3 cups (24 ounces) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives or 1/4 cup dried chives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 18 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces sliced Muenster cheese
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, chives and onions; set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until loosely scrambled, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with four lasagna noodles. Top with 2 cups of hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage and half of the cottage cheese mixture. Cover with Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining lasagna noodles, hash browns and cottage cheese mixture. Top with Muenster cheese.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Breakfast Lasagna
"This was a great recipe to prepare the night before, refrigerate and cook the next morning. A little bit of time involved in prep but the end result was delicious. Thawed and drained chopped spinach and browned the hash browns (set aside to cool) before adding them to the dish. My 5 year old and 16 year old picky eater have asked me to make this again."
"I've made this a number of times and it always goes over well. Just a couple tips. Use a deep 9x13 such as pampered chef's, and cook it for 1 hr. and 15 min."
"I make this lasagna every year for Easter breakfast at church because it is a crowd favorite. I haven't heard a single complaint that it's too spicy."