This zesty ground beef and vegetable soup is flavorful and fast to fix. It makes a complete meal when served with warm corn bread, sourdough bread or French bread if you can squeak in a few more calories. —Lynnette Davis, Tullahoma, Tennessee
Featured In: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p35
Reviews forSpicy Beef Vegetable Stew
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2017
"Amazing. I ended up modifying it a bit and I made it on the stove top. I added two shakes of red pepper flakes to give it a bit more of a kick. It was great the next day too."