Spicy Beef Brisket
My family fell in love with this brisket the first time I tried the recipe. The no-fuss preparation and long cooking time make it perfect to have simmering away while you take care of party preparations and other courses. —Mary Neihouse, Fort Smith, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place brisket on a rack in a shallow greased roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over brisket. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef: 195 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Originally published as Easy Bake Brisket in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.