VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups dark beer
- 2 cups brown mustard seed
- 2 cups ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine beer and mustard seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place seed mixture in a blender. Cover and process until chopped and slightly grainy.
- Transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the ground mustard, brown sugar, vinegars, salt, allspice and cloves. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Ladle hot liquid into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Spicy Bavarian Beer Mustard in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p65
Reviews forSpicy Bavarian Beer Mustard
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2016
"What are the ingredient measurements if you only want to make one batch for a party?"