Cayenne pepper gives these sugar-glazed nuts a spicy kick. I've found that folks who favor sweet and savory flavors can't stop eating these mouthwatering morsels.—Linda Johnsson, Marion, Ohio
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add Liquid Smoke if desired and peanuts; toss to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts; toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spicy Barbecued Peanuts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p105
Reviews forSpicy Barbecued Peanuts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2011
"I made these for holiday gifts to nieghbors and friends. Everyone loved them and now they are asking for more."