Spicy Barbecued Peanuts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add Liquid Smoke if desired and peanuts; toss to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts; toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a well-greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 163 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 10, 2018
wow! I cannot believe there has only been one review in all this time. These are simply amazing; tasty, easy to make and totally addictive.The only reason I discovered this recipe is because I was looking for a way to use up my Liquid Smoke but I am so happy I did. This will definitely become part of my regular bake sale/holiday gift rotation.Thanks for sharing!
Jan 15, 2011
I made these for holiday gifts to nieghbors and friends. Everyone loved them and now they are asking for more.