Spicy Barbecued Peanuts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add Liquid Smoke if desired and peanuts; toss to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts; toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a well-greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 163 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 10, 2018
wow! I cannot believe there has only been one review in all this time. These are simply amazing; tasty, easy to make and totally addictive.The only reason I discovered this recipe is because I was looking for a way to use up my Liquid Smoke but I am so happy I did. This will definitely become part of my regular bake sale/holiday gift rotation.Thanks for sharing!
Jan 15, 2011
I made these for holiday gifts to nieghbors and friends. Everyone loved them and now they are asking for more.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.