- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add Liquid Smoke if desired and peanuts; toss to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts; toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a well-greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews forSpicy Barbecued Peanuts
"wow! I cannot believe there has only been one review in all this time. These are simply amazing; tasty, easy to make and totally addictive.The only reason I discovered this recipe is because I was looking for a way to use up my Liquid Smoke but I am so happy I did. This will definitely become part of my regular bake sale/holiday gift rotation.Thanks for sharing!"
"I made these for holiday gifts to nieghbors and friends. Everyone loved them and now they are asking for more."