- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add chili sauce, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon seasoning blend and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, chili powder and remaining seasoning blend and cayenne; rub over chicken. Lightly coat grill rack with cooking oil.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; grill 4-6 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with chili sauce mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Barbecued Chicken
"Didn't change anything. Really liked this. We made it over Labor Day and it was great!!! We didn't find it to spicy at all, even my 4 and 8 year old loved it."
"flavor is great! I think it would really be good on wings."
"Delicious! I did make a few changes since my husband doesn't like spicy foods. I used 1/8 t of cayenne in the sauce, and in the rub, I only used 1 t of chili powder and omitted the cayenne. I also baked the chicken in the oven at 400 for 25 mins. I baked it without sauce the first 10 mins, then basted the chicken with sauce and baked it the rest if the way."
"Very spicy, will cut down on the spice next time."
"Delicious and very spicy!"
"I made this some time ago and I really liked it, as did the family. It's really low sodium. I did use a little less cayenne pepper and chili powder but only because of our tastes."
"The stars didn't come up to use. It's a five. And thank you, thank you for giving the $ Savings thingy. I use that!!!"