Spicy Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
I work full-time outside of the home, so I look for economical meals like this that can be served for a couple of days. I like to serve these sandwiches with baked beans and coleslaw.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 12 to 14 hard rolls, split and toasted
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in oil until lightly browned. Add roast and brown on all sides. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; cool. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Shred meat; return to sauce and heat through. Serve about 1/2 cup on each roll.
1 each: 326 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC